Monday, May 18, 2009

Weddings, Life, Health, and Family

So today I begin the day with the thought and well-wishing for one of my best friends, Sukhvir. She recently got engaged to a man, who to all of us is a perfect match for her. She is a sweetheart and deserves the best! I also witnessed the simplicity of a Sikh engagement. It was beautiful, I took my camera, but was too engrossed in the ceremony to taint it with random flickers :). The family she is entering is very jovial, very movie-like, and she deserves the best! I am so happy for her and God blesses her!
Yayyy! New episodes of FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD have arrived on www.hulu.com, I love Mondays! Funny days don't affect one when he/she is on vacation! I think maybe I should start reviewing things for fun! I will do it post-epsiodes! and whilst then, I leave with a poem I wrote right after I had had a brush with death a year back right before I left for London! More details to come later...Family Guy time:
Life & Death
Within a split second, life takes a turn,
Almost literally a car skids amongst the slimy ice of the road,
Each minute the soul yearns
Inside trying to find a grasp of the situation,
Trying to, trying to…
Realize the incident’s intensity, viscosity,
Stuck somewhere in the city.

For a split second, the line between
Life and death permeates, the latter
Seeping into the earlier, and like a tsunami
Sending shockwaves within the soul of the body
Each shock wave illuminating the mere mortal coil
Trying to, Trying to…
hold the situation, ration-
alize in the mind that something is wrong.

Within a split second, life takes a turn,
And at the brink of toppling, unimaginable
Events take place in one’s mind, what one
Could have lost, could have gained,
Could have never seen, could have seen but yet would
Could never see again.

A split second, life, sigh,
Takes a split second of one’s life,
And takes everything else with it,
Yet that split second when its coming,
A synonym for death, for the end of life,
Never gives a warning, it just comes,
This split second, yet it is coming,
Somewhere, sometime, where once again,
The line between life and death will permeate,
But for old age and for peace!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm Accidents :-o Change the person in an instant in more than one way!
    Nice poem.
    Were you driving?

    Sikh marriage...all that good food they'll be having :)
    i'll go n have a snack! hehe.

    ReplyDelete